SIGN up for more tips and updates
how to play rummy Online?
Play Rummy Online card game is played between 2 to 6 players with 2 decks of cards. Each player is dealt with 13 cards and a random card is selected as a wild joker or joker card of the game.
The player has to draw and discard cards to form valid sets and sequences of the 13 cards in hand where players can also use wild joker or printed joker of the deck to make impure sequences and sets.
As per Indian rummy rules, once a player arranged 13 cards invalid 2 sequences including 1 pure sequence and more groups (sequences or sets), one can make a declaration and win the game. Play Rummy Online
winning tips for online Rummy
1. Get the Pure Sequence
A Pure Sequence is your lifeline, so get that done first. Doing this ensures you don’t get the sum of all points of all cards in your hand lest your opponent declares at any time.
2. Watch opponent moves
The most important Indian rummy tip is to keep a close watch on your opponent’s playing. Keep a close track of cards your opponent picks or discards from the Open deck or Hand so that you know which cards are to be hoarded and what to discard. Cards close to the ones being discarded or kept are the ones.
3. Get rid of high point cards
Discarding high point cards like hot potatoes could save your game! Hoarding high point cards like Ace, King, Queen, or Jack and waiting to form Sets and/or Sequences with them can increase your points burden lest your opponent declares before you. Play Rummy Online
4. Know the pattern of sequences
A Sequence (Pure or with a Joker) can have up to 4 cards. Most people think a Sequence cannot have more than 3 cards which is simply not true.
(Note: To learn more about sequences and sets, you can visit our “how to play rummy” section)
5. The rummy trick to make your Sequence fast
Don’t wait for the ‘right’ cards to make a Sequence. This is an important one, so please pay attention: Preferably keep two-consecutive cards over two alternate cards. For example, if you hold 8 ♥ and 10 ♥ (waiting for the 9 ♥ to make a Pure Sequence) and you draw the 7 ♥ of the same suit, keep it and discard the 10 ♥. This has two benefits: You can now make a Pure Sequence if you draw either the 9 ♥ or 6 ♥, and you might trick the opponent to discard the 9 ♥, if he has it.
6. Hold on to your middle cards
Go for versatile middle cards. What this simply means is that middle cards can form more combinations with other middle cards than low or high-value cards. E.g., a 6 of any suit can make a run with 4, 5 or 5, 7 or 7, 8 while an Ace can only make a run with 2, 3. See, you are already getting ahead so keep reading.
7. More Jokers, the better your chances of winning at rummy
Jokers can set you free in an instant so be wise to use them fully! So the rummy tip is that if you already have a lifeline i.e. a Pure Sequence, use the available Jokers to complete the 2nd Sequence. If you already have two Sequences, then use the available Jokers to first make Sets/Sequences with high point cards. Jokers are wasted in a Pure Sequence; it’s best not to use them there.
If you have made a pure sequence but don’t have a second sequence, use available jokers to first complete the 2nd sequence. If you already have two sequences (at least one pure), use available jokers to first make sets/sequences with high card points.
(Note: Also visit the “rummy rules” section if you are not sure about the detailed rules to play online rummy)
8. Alternate the Colours, avoid confusion
Arrange your cards in a red-black-red or black-red-black color combination to reduce confusion and avoid discarding any useful card by mistake.
9. Rummy trick to select cards to discard
If the idle cards do not participate in two distinct Sequences or triplet changes, discard them. For example, if the last 3 idle cards in your hand are 5 ♣ 4 ♥ , and 4 ♠ (which means there are two cards, 4 ♣ and 4 ♦ that will allow you to declare) and you draw 5 ♠, retain it and discard the 4 ♥. Doing this increases the number of cards that will allow you to declare from two to four – 5 ♦, 5 ♥, 3 ♠ , and 6 ♠, thereby doubling your declaring chances. Just think about this a little, it makes a lot of sense.
10. Tricking your opponent or Fishing
Smartness lies in tricking the opponent to discard the cards you need. A typical example is, if you want to make a set of three 10s and you presently hold the 10 ♠, the 10 ♥ , and the 9 ♣, discard the 9 ♣. The opponent might consider the 10 ♣ a safe card to discard thereby helping you to make your set. This process of tricking the opponent is called Fishing. play rummy card game
- Indian Rummy is usually played with two-pack of cards with two jokers.
- Cards in each category rank from low to high: Ace, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Jack, Queen, and King.
- Ace can be used as 1 or a face card when forming the sets.
- Card values are as follows: Face cards, (K, Q, J) – 10 points, Ace – 10 points play rummy card game
how to form sequences?
In rummy, a sequence is a group of three or more consecutive cards of the same suit. There are two types of sequences that are formed; a pure sequence and an impure sequence. To win the game of rummy you need at least one pure sequence in your rummy hand. Play Rummy Online
A pure sequence is a group of three or more cards of the same suit, placed in consecutive order. To form a pure sequence in a rummy card game, a player cannot use any Joker or wild card. play rummy card game
Here are a few examples of pure sequence.
1. 5♥ 6♥ 7♥ (Pure sequence with three cards and there is no Joker or wild card used)
2. 3♠ 4♠ 5♠ 6♠ (Pure sequence with four cards. There is no use of Joker or wild cards here.)
An impure sequence is a group of three or more cards of the same suit with one or more Joker cards used.
Here are some examples to show how an impure sequence is formed.
1. 6♦ 7♦ Q♠ 9♦ (Here Q♠ has been used as a wild Joker replacing 8♦ to form an impure sequence.)
2. 5♠ Q♥ 7♠ 8♠ PJ (Impure sequence with Q♥ as wild joker that is replacing 6♠ and the Printed Joker is replacing 9♠.)
how to form sets?
A set is a group of three or more cards of the same value but of different suits. When you are forming sets, you can use wild card and Jokers.
Examples of sets
1. A♥ A♣ A♦ (In this set, all the Ace are of different suits, make a valid set.)
2. 8♦ 8♣ 8♠ 8♥ (Rummy set is formed with four 8 cards of different suits.)
3. 9♦ Q♠ 9♠ 9♥ (Here Q♠ has been used as wild joker replacing 9♣ to make set.)
4. 5♦ 5♣ 5♠ PJ (Printed joker replacing 5♥ to make set.)
5. 5♦ 5♣ Q♠ PJ (Here Q♠ has been used as wild joker replacing 5♠ & Printed joker replacing 5♥ to make set.)
6. 5♦ 5♣ PJ Q♥ Q♠ (This is a set of 5 cards with Printed joker & Q♥ as wild joker replacing 5♠ 5♥ and one more wild joker Q♠ to complete 13 cards grouping.)
Typical Example: 2♥ 3♥ 4♥ 5♥| 5♣ 6♣ 7♣ 8♣ | 5♦ 5♣ PJ Q♥ Q♠ (Set of 5 cards is made to complete the grouping of 13 cards and make a valid declaration)
If you loved it, please share and comment
Share on Facebook
Share on WhatsApp