SIGN up for more tips and updates
stategies for begginer
1. Don’t play too many hands: One of the most common mistakes that beginners make is not being selective enough with their poker hands. Don’t fall into the trap of thinking that every hand is a winning poker hand. Some hands are more likely to win than others and as a beginner you need to the take the time to memorise poker hand rankings, study poker probability, learn positional play, and get familiar with player psychology.
2. Limit the Bluffing: As beginner poker players, you may have seen some spectacular bluffing examples on televised poker games. While bluffing is a legitimate strategy, you should know when to use it. It is good to try occasional bluffs but the real art of knowing when and how to bluff only comes with knowledge, practise, and experience.
3. Play with players worse than you: This may seem like a very simple tip, but you’ll be surprised at the number of players who go against this factor. If you are better than the players you are playing against, it makes sense that you will be a winner in the long haul. If you are the 10th best player in the world, it would not prove to be profitable to sit at a table with the top 9 poker players in the world. Choose your games and limits very carefully; a good table selection can help you make more money.
4. Play to your positional strength: Every poker pro will tell you that the best position to play from is the button. Try to play as many hands when you are in later positions. Play tight and safe when you are one of the early players. Play maximum hands when you are in the button.
5. Don’t multi-task: When you are new to poker, stick to a single table. Yes, multi-tabling has its own thrill. That can wait till you have mastered the basics. Playing at a single table will allow you to watch how the game proceeds and take better decisions on your hand.
6. Don’t jump the gun: As a beginner learning how to play poker, don’t play in high stakes games based on just a few wins. High stakes games are usually played by experienced hands, and you will be starting at a disadvantage.
7. Play a lot, practise a lot: The more you play, the better you will become. If you are starting out, play a lot of tournaments. Look for freerolls. Tournaments are a great way to get familiar with the game and the action.
8. Become familiar with the interface: Take time to learn the interface and become familiar with it. While the Spartan Poker games are easy to play and designed to be intuitive, it pays to spend some time understanding the gameplay
9. Make friends and have fun: Poker is a great way to meet like-minded people and make friends. So, don’t hesitate to chat or connect with other players. It will make your poker journey more enjoyable and you may even learn some tricks of the trade on how to play poker online.